On April 27, Fourth APAC Sales leader Gary Morley attended the QSR Media Conference in Singapore. The event featured leading regional and global QSR brands coming together to discuss how to conquer the industry’s toughest challenges through the use of technology. We interviewed Gary to learn what the buzz was about at this year’s event.
- What do they see as their biggest opportunity?
- The attitudes in the room were very positive about the opportunity that AI can bring to the industry and address its major challenges. The consensus in the industry is that it is our turn to leverage different technologies, including AI, to create accurate labour and inventory forecasting models to save money. Other industries have long benefitted, now it’s time for QSRs to reap the benefits too.
- What is Fourth’s main advice to QSRs?
- Make sure you ask the right questions before working with any supplier to ensure they are a proven vendor who can digitalise and optimise the two primary assets of a QSR: labour and inventory.
- What examples can you point to of helping restaurants capture their own data to optimise operations? Make sure they can point to both large and small chains that have diverse geographical and operational backgrounds.
- What service programs do you offer to ensure forecasting is operating to its full potential? Make sure any vendor has the capacity and track record of being there for customers throughout the entire project and beyond.
- How are you innovating on what comes next? Do you use third parties or have an in-house data science team?
- What is one mistake you see QSRs are making?
- Not a mistake, but more of a delay. Taking the wait-and-see approach puts QSRs at a great disadvantage because the more you wait, the longer it takes to develop an accurate data set and the more your competition gets a head start. You are already generating data, why not capture and optimise it? Fourth has the largest data repository in the industry and can speak from experience. Those QSRs that proactively digitalise and start leveraging their data will attract and retain the best staff, maximise efficiency with inventory, and provide the best and most consistent guest experience.
How can Fourth help optimise your QSR? The first step is reaching out.